WTT deliver training and workshops centrally and bespoke to settings.
Autism Education Trust Professional Development Programme.
Making Sense of Autism
- Enhance your understanding and awareness of autism and the three areas of difference that affect autistic pupils.
- Equip you with the knowledge you need to begin to make reasonable adjustments in the way you support autistic pupils.
- 90 minutes
Good Autism Practice
The aims of ‘Good autism practice in Schools’ are to support practitioners who work directly with autistic pupils to:
- Develop their knowledge and understanding of good autism practice.
- Reflect on and improve their practice in working with autistic pupils.
- Understand strategies and approaches they can draw upon for autistic pupils they work with.
- Reflect on the kind of information they need to collect for the one-page profile and for the pupil-centred education plan.
- Consider how to involve the autistic pupil and their family in the pupil’s education.
- Enhance and embed inclusive practice for autistic pupils.
- 6 hours delivered flexibly
The aims of this module are to enable delegates to:
- Address skills and understanding that children may find difficult as a consequence of their autism
- Recognise and build on children’s strengths and interests and improve overall wellbeing
- Appreciate that children may need support in these areas and that their progress is dependent on this support
- 2 hours
After completing this module, you will be able to understand:
- How autistic CYP might express anxiety.
- What can cause anxiety in autistic CYP.
- What you can do to prevent and reduce anxiety in autistic CYP.
- 2 hours
The aim of this module is to enable delegates to:
- Understand the legal context of autism and exclusion
- Understand the risk of illegal exclusion and how to avoid it occurring
- Better understand the triggers and ways of managing distressed behaviours
- 2 hours
Leadership, Inclusion and Structural Reasonable Adjustments
The aim of this module is to enable delegates:
- To look at how inclusive provision and structural reasonable adjustments can help a setting to be outstanding.
- To consider what is needed to lead culture change in a setting.
- To know about AET resources and guidance that can support leaders to provide inclusive environments through structural reasonable adjustments.
- To consider different ways of making structural reasonable adjustments to ensure autistic pupils are fully supported.
- time tbc